Tikka T3 and T3x
DBM for T3 / T3x pattern magazines
(not CTR magazine compatible)
Available from the vendors linked below.
USA: Tactical Works
USA: Lumley Arms USA
UK, Ireland and Europe: Turvey Stalking
Australia: Delta Tactical
Australia: Precision Defence Industries (as an option with rifle stocks)
Finally - a high quality bottom metal replacement for the original plastic version at a very competitive price. Fully CNC-machined from a mix of high-grade titanium and aluminium alloys with absolutely no cheap 6000 series aluminium alloy used anywhere. The development of this bottom metal replaces the last chunk of plastic that comes with the factory rifle. This results in a very strong, lightweight and corrosion resistant product - providing the perfect bedding platform for your T3 or T3x rifle (bedding pillars and hex-head action screws included).
- Weighs only 83.5g (just under 3oz)
- The body of DBM is machined from high grade 7075-T76 aluminium alloy.
- The trigger guard is machined from aerospace Ti6Al4V titanium alloy.
- The magazine release lever is machined from aerospace Ti6Al4V titanium.
- All other components are stainless steel (either 304 or 316 grades).
- Generally a 'drop-in' fit for most rifles - factory tolerances apply.
- Accepts all T3/T3x magazines, not compatible with the CTR magazine.
- Available in two colours, with slight variations between Al and Ti components.
- Silver/grey colour - garnet blasted finish to Ti parts, silver anodised body.
- Black colour - PVD finished Ti parts, Milspec type 3 hard coat anodised body.
- The trigger guard is fully replaceable and serviceable.
- Includes bedding pillars and non-tapered hex head screws (both 316 SS).
- Future trigger guard designs will include an arctic version for gloves.
DBM for short-action AICS pattern magazines
Our Tikka T3 short action DBM is made from the same steels that we use for our Remington 700 units. They are available in either 316 stainless steel (passivated) or 4140 ordnance steel (QPQ nitrided).
Both units are CNC machined from the one block of solid billet, with the inside corners of the magazine-well EDM wire cut. The unit is then skeletonised for maximum weight reduction, following by polishing to remove all tooling marks then a glass bead blast to a satin finish. At this point the stainless unit is passivated for the ultimate in corrosion resistance, whilst the 4140 cromoly variant is QPQ nitrided resulting in an extremely high surface hardness (59 to 60 Rc) and a nice matte black colour.
We have included a positive locking, magazine retention system (like the original factory unit), which can easily be removed if desired for range shooting but is useful in preventing accidental mag releases during hunting when out in the bush and scrub.
Our low profile magazine release lever is also CNC machined from the same steels as the main unit and is serrated and chamfered for positive thumb grip when releasing magazines.
We include the full bedding kit with this DBM. This includes:
- A grade-5 titanium recoil lug, thicker than the original
- 316 grade stainless steel bedding pillars
- 316 grade stainless steel hex-head action screws included
We have observed an increase in accuracy in all rifles with this bedding kit, especially when combined with a quality epoxy bedding job.
Titanium Bolt Stops
- CNC machined from grade 5 aerospace titanium alloy (Ti6Al4V)
- Tactile serrations at tip for grip in all weather conditions
- Replaces the cast steel unit with a much tighter fit version.
- Enables re barreling of rifles to different length cartridges
- Short, Long and Magnum lengths available
- Very light, strong and corrosion resistant.
- Less than half the price of the factory original from Brownells.
- Includes a new dowel pin
- Includes new springs (both stainless and zinc plated options)
Note: The following lengths are defined for:
'Magnum' - for 270 Win, 30-06 SPRG, 300 Win Mag and similar
'Long' - for 243 Win, 308 Win, WSMs and similar
'Short' - for 204 Ruger, 222 Rem, 223 Rem, and similar
This part is not a guaranteed 'drop in' fit - some fitting may be required. Our CNC machined titanium bolt stop is a substantially tighter fit than the original factory casting. We test fit each bolt stop prior to packing in our own shop rifle, however due to small variations in factory tolerances - some individual rifles require the bolt stop to be fitted to the receiver with lapping compound for smooth operation. You may need to shorten the coil spring length by cutting off between half to one full coil to achieve a reliable bolt release and release weight that you prefer for the bolt stop. If you cut the spring too short we will mail you more at no cost to you via regular surface mail / international air mail (no tracking available). This is an easy part to fit requiring very little time. Contact us if you are having difficulty fitting this part.
Tikka T3 / T3x titanium bolt stop (blasted grey or PVD black)
Titanium Bolt Handle and Carbon Fibre knob (40mm tactical or 25.4mm round)
A strong and ultralight bolt handle and knob combo for your Tikka T3 and T3x. Designed and manufactured by our USA distributor. The handles are manufactured from grade 5 aerospace titanium alloy, and the knobs are moulded from genuine 3K carbon fibre (not some imitation stencil or film).
You will not get a stronger, lighter and tougher bolt handle combo anywhere! Whether you are building the ultimate mountain rifle, need to shave a precious few grams off that benchrest rig, or like us, simply want to use the best gear available, these are the ultimate tikka replacement. The handle and tactical knob combined weighs 28 grams versus the factory steel unit at 41 grams. Compare this to other aftermarket options at 60+ grams to 70+ grams. To top this off, due to the manufacturing of these being in high volume lots (investment moulds), they are priced very competitively.
- CNC Machined handle from Grade 5 aerospace Titanium alloy
- Handle hand polished. No tooling marks.
- CNC engraved lettering on dovetail specifying thread
- 5/16" x 24 TPI male thread to accept most bolt knobs
- Available in both left-handed and right-handed versions
- Genuine 3K carbon fibre with option for either tactical (tapering to 25.4mm wide x 40mm long) or 25.4mm round ball
- Threaded section = 14mm deep
- 6061-T6 threaded insert epoxied-in during manufacture
- 5/16" x 24 TPI female thread to accept most bolt handles
- Weighs 13 grams !
Titanium Bolt Shroud
CNC machined from aerospace Grade 5 titanium alloy (Ti6Al4V). At only 25 grams, our shrouds are close to half the weight of comparable steel shrouds, yet significantly harder than the best aluminium alloy shrouds on the market. We mill a flat on top of the shroud body and cut in a diamond chequering pattern to mimic the style of the shrouds seen on the bolts of the more expensive Sako line of rifles.
Available in a natural finish (to match stainless rifles) or for blued / phosphated Tikka rifles, we offer a very tough DLC coating which produces a dark matte charcoal colour to blend in with the colour of the Tikka receiver. This is a tough industrial finish.
We include a small coil spring which removes all slack between shroud body and the firing pin assembly of your bolt from a necessary tolerance deliberately designed into the shroud to ensure 100% anti-bind function in all rifles. Our shrouds are CNC machined to a tolerance within +/- 0.05mm (approx +/- 2 thou) in the critical dimension that locks into the firing pin assembly. This dimension has been cut slightly larger than required to account for variations discovered between different rifles tested. In an early production run we didn't account for a tolerance here at all which resulted in this batch not fitting some of the rifles where assembly was attempted!
- CNC Machined from high grade aerospace titanium alloy
- Polished then glass bead blasted to a satin finish
-Diamond pattern cut onto the top of the shroud body
- Available in a matte black DLC coating for Tikka rifles with a factory hot blue or phosphated finish.
Titanium Recoil Lug and Bedding Kit (recoil lug also fits the Sako A7)
This bedding kit and titanium recoil lug maximises the accuracy potential of the factory Tikka rifle.
Our slightly thicker CNC machined titanium lug replaces an undersized aluminium extrusion which comes standard on all factory T3 rifles (the T3x comes with a steel lug). Our stainless steel bedding pillars and hex head action screws finish the kit off. Combining our bedding kit with a decent epoxy job has seen accuracy improvements in all factory rifles we have tested. Especially so with rifles in the factory synthetic stocks which have flex and have tolerances all over the place.
-Grade 5 titanium - extremely high strength to weight ratio
-Outstanding corrosion resistance
-CNC machined to within +/- 0.01mm flatness
-Slightly thicker than the original T3 aluminium lug
-316 Stainless Steel screws - hex head
-Non tapered heads for firm and secure fit.
-4mm hex socket size which readily interchanges with 5/32"
-316 grade stainless steel.
-Ensures perfect spacing front and rear
-Eliminates affects on barreled-action due to stock flex
Magazine release lever for the factory floorplate
This is a high quality, grade 5 titanium (TI6Al4V) magazine release lever for the original plastic floorplate that uses the factory pattern magazines (not CTR compatible). Available in either a natural grey (garnet blasted) or a highly durable black finish (PVD).
We've designed this primarily for those shooters using aftermarket magazines made from metal where the factory plastic lever wears over time resulting in a sloppy magazine lock up or failure for the magazine to lock up at all. Our titanium version is light weight and the tip will never become blunt or distorted, ensuring a lifetime of use. The lever is also compatible when using the factory plastic magazine but will rub some of the plastic finish along the front spine of these magazines (cosmetic only).
-1 x magazine release lever (titanium)
-2 x lever dowel pins (stainless)
-2 x lever coil springs (stainless)
Titanium alloy magazine release (includes 2 x dowel pins and springs)
Ultra light trigger pull spring (1 pound)
(fits Tikka T3 / T3x , Sako 75, 85 and A7)
This kit includes 3 trigger springs with the option of selecting either 3x ultralight springs (all the same) or an ultralight, light and medium (1 of each). These springs will replace your original Tikka T1x, T3, T3x and Sako 75, 85, A7 trigger spring and achieve a range of pull weights starting at 1lb which is repeatable, safe and breaks cleanly every time. This is compared to the factory spring which achieves at best 2lbs when adjusted to the minimum safe setting.
Made from quality spring steel wire and plated for both easy identification and to maximise corrosion resistance. Our ultralight springs break cleanly and consistently at the listed pull weights* when installed correctly**. Further improvements are possible by polishing the internal trigger components with varying grits of rouge compounds on a sisal wheel / buff.
Ultralight ~1lb (gold colour)
Light ~1.5lb (silver colour)
Medium ~2lb (black colour)
* Results may vary slightly between individual rifles and trigger pull gauges. Our pull weight was achieved repeatedly with the grub screw fully extended. Measured using an RCBS gauge and thoroughly tested.
** We supply replacement springs only. If unsure on installation, we highly recommend having a qualified and competent gunsmith do the job. Slight variations between different rifles may result in an unsafe trigger when fitting these springs. Always ensure the rifle is unloaded before commencing work and test trigger function extensively upon reassembly whilst rifle is unloaded. Slam closing the bolt and dropping the rifle onto the buttpad (both whilst unloaded) is recommended. Adjust the grub screw until a safe trigger is achieved.
Ultralight trigger pull spring (includes 3 x springs)